As many of us try new ways to heat and light our homes this winter to save money, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service (HIFRS) is sharing important fire safety advice to help keep us safe.
Assistant director for prevention and protection at HIRFS, Jason Avery, said: “We understand many people are concerned about the rising costs of living, in particular the increases in energy bills. As people look to save money and cut costs, we’re concerned they may unknowingly put themselves at risk by turning to alternative ways to stay warm, or by changing their behaviour at home.”
Their new campaign encourages people to think about the five Cs – carbon monoxide, cooking, candles, chimneys and clothing. You can find out more here.