People lose their homes for lots of different reasons
And it can often be because they build up debt and get behind on their rent
We want to try – whatever reason triggers the issue – to work with our most vulnerable customers to reduce their debt, build their independence and keep them from becoming homeless.
Our homeless prevention officers are great people to talk to.
They don’t judge. They’ve seen and heard it all. And have all kinds of ideas and answers to offer you.
Our team can help by
- Giving you advice on benefits you could possibly claim (many people don’t know what they’re really due)
- Helping you to make your money go further, and giving you budgeting advice
- Supporting you to find the best energy deals and energy bill advice
- Helping you to apply for jobs and giving you one-to-one help with CV writing
- Helping you find training or get work experience, to build work skills and knowledge
- Helping you to apply for grants
- Helping you to downsize your home, and avoiding the under-occupancy charge (which is sometimes called the ‘bedroom tax’)
- Going to pre-eviction and pre-court interviews with you
- Finding other support teams (in councils or charities etc) who could help you with longer-term support
- Coming to see you where you are. There's no need to come to our office
Need to talk?
We can help. Just let us know if you’d like to talk to someone
Get in touch