We know that the festive season can be hard for some and there are lots of organisations that can provide help and support during this time. We’ve put together a list of support contact below:
- Samaritans (open 24/7 for anyone who needs to talk): 116 123
- The Silverline (free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to over 55s, open 24 hours a day, every day of the year): 0800 4 70 80 90
- National Domestic Advice Helpline (freephone, 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline): 0808 2000 247. Silent help from the police: If you need help but are unable to speak because of domestic abuse ring 999 when they answer press 55.
- Men's Advice Line (Confidential advice and support for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse by a current or ex-partner or family member): 0808 801 0327
- The Trussell Trust (Emergency food and support for people in need. Includes a searchable list of local foodbanks)
- Money Advice Service (provides free and impartial money advice): 0800 138 7777
- LGBT Foundation (Advice, support and information for people identifying as LGBTQ+): 0345 3 30 30 30
You can also find a list of our trusted local support organisations here.