Now that the dark winter months are out of the way, it’s the perfect time to take a look at your finances. It’s not just your home that benefits from a spring clean! Here are some top tips for sprucing up your finances:
- Swap a little luxury for something cheaper. Make a coffee before leaving the house and pop it in a travel mug, instead of picking one up from a shop
- Do you have any debts, like credit cards or loans? Could you afford to repay a little more? Target those with the highest rate of interest. The faster you can clear them, the less you’ll pay overall
- Are you wasting electricity? From leaving the TV on standby to having 30-minute showers, it all adds up. Being more frugal could have a real impact on your bills
- Clean it out. Spring cleaning your home can spring clean your finances too! Sort through your things and sell them on eBay or hold a boot sale/ jumble sale now that the weather’s getting better!
- Trying to get fit? Exercise for free! Gym memberships can be expensive, so why not start going for a regular walk or jog.
If you’re worried about your finances and are struggling to pay your rent, don’t delay in getting in touch. Our Tenancy Support team can help and support you.