It may seem like a long way away, but Christmas will be here before you know it. With the average household spending £800, it’s best to start thinking about the cost of Christmas now. We’ve put together some money saving tips to help you to keep the cost of Christmas down, and still make it a day to remember!
Money-saving tips for the festive season:
- Write a list of everyone you need to buy a present for, then split your budget accordingly
- Why not make it personal and create your own gifts? There are some great ideas on the website, Pinterest!
- Suggest a family present limit - the whole family might be relieved to have a Secret Santa arrangement or a spending limit for adults
- Shop around for the best deals and search for voucher codes online
- When buying food and drink, stick to your list and avoid the temptation to buy ‘special offers’
- If you're having family over, ask them to bring a dish each
- Send e-cards, to save buying Christmas cards and the postage cost. If you do need to post cards, send them in advance to make the most of second-class post. The last post date for second class post, which will guarantee that your card or present will get there in time for Christmas is Tuesday 18 December
- Travelling to see friends or relatives over the festive season? Book your travel arrangements in advance to take advantage of savings
- Check out the Black Friday sales for great shopping deals – this year it falls on Friday 23 November
- Or order in advance online and get cheap stocking fillers from some great on line sites such assuch as AliExpress.
- Opt for a frozen turkey – they can be half the price as a fresh one!
- Use this free website to track Santa as he delivers prezzies – log into www.NoradSanta.org from 1 December – your kids will love it!
Worried about paying your rent or other bills during Christmas?
Don’t delay in getting help – we can support you!
We can help you to reduce your rent arrears and offer advice on how to deal with other debts. We’ll make sure that you’re getting the benefits you’re entitled to, help you to get into work or training, downsize your property and much more! Get in touch and we’ll do what we can to help.