Finding a job can sometimes be tough, especially if you’ve been out of work for some time, or you’ve just left school or college and have very little or no experience. But did you know that we have a team of employment and training officers that offer free support?
So far this year, the team’s supported 58 customers into work, helped 45 people access a training course that’s helped them to gain new skills, and found volunteering placements for 17 people. Get in touch to find out more.
Here, the team share 5 top tips for those looking for work:
- Make sure your CV’s up-to-date. Don’t forget that we can help you with your CV.
- Get back into the work place. Volunteering or work experience is a great way to get back into the working environment, whilst also giving you the chance to gain new skills to add to your CV. We can help to organise placements for you.
- Network. Talk to friends, family and neighbours– you never know when an opportunity will arise!
- Gain a new skill. Build your experience and knowledge by training in a new skill. We offer a wide range of different training courses, including accredited training.
- Prepare for the interview. Nikkie, our Recruitment Advisor, said: “Research the company you’re applying to, pre-plan your journey to the interview, plan what you’re going to wear, dig out your ID and other documents they may require, and plan for the types of questions you may be asked. These are all really important parts of the interview process. Sometimes it’s the simple things that people forget and you only have a few seconds to make a first impression so make it a good one - be on time, look smart, be organised and prepared and be confident. It’s your time to shine!”